FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR RACE
BAHAMAS HALF & 10K
1. Where is packet pickup going to be?
Venue: To be Announced
Saturday November 21st at 10am – 5pm
Please bring extra cash to patronize our many expo vendors!
2. How do I register?
Online at www.bahamashalf.com until midnight Nov. 20th or at
Palmdale Vision Centre, Palmdale
Suntee, Shirley Street
At The Expo 10am – 5pm November 21st, 2020
3. What are the registration fees?
Click here for Registration Fees
4. What time does the race start?
Half runners 6:00 a.m. / 10k runners 6:05 a.m. / 5k runners 6:10 a.m.
5. Which direction does the race start?
Heading west. Race officials will be at both turn around point and relay exchanges to direct you.
6. Where is the starting line?
Arawak Cay east of the Police station.
7. Will there be starting corrals?
There are no corrals but suggest you lineup according to your speed with faster runner in front.
8. Are there port o lets/bathrooms on the course?
Ports o lets are on the course and are easily identifiable as well as at the Start/finish line.
9. How many water stops and/or replenishment stations?
Water/Powerade is provided every mile
10. Is there any water (at the starting line)?
Yes. Water is located near the start line
11. Where is gear check?
Gear check is available at the race village.
12. I’m a slow runner. Is the course clearly marked?
The course is clearly marked with mile markers, signs, marshals and spectators.
13. Are there timing clocks at each mile?
No, however, timing mats are provided at the start, 5k, 10k and finish line.
14. Is there medical course support?
An ambulance will be patrolling the course, the water stops are manned by student nurses and cyclists are also on course and they can alert the medical team/ambulance. There is also a medical team at the finish line.
15. What is the course elevation?
The course is completely flat.
16. What is the course cut-off time?
17. Where is my timing chip?
Your timing chip is affixed to your bib. Please do not bend. The bib must be worn on the front of your body with the number visible.
18. Where are the relay exchange points?
The relay exchange point for both exchanges are near Sandals Resort on West Bay.
19. What all does my registration fee include:
Technical shirt, goody bag, finishers medal, breakfast, official finishing time, secured race course and a finish line celebration.
20. Can I get a refund, defer my registration to another year or transfer to someone else?
Registration is not transferrable or refundable and may not be deferred.
21. If I can’t run, are there opportunities to volunteer?
Yes. Please send an email to Bahamasroadmasters@gmail.com to ask about volunteer opportunities.